This month, doTERRA offered Marjoram in a BOGO deal for members. (Not a member? Email us to find out how to get FREE oils!) Most people don’t use or know much about marjoram, so here’s a few tips on its uses. It’s a fabulous oil that every household should be using!
Top Uses for Marjoram Essential Oil
1. Marjoram essential oil is effective in helping to relieve feelings of anxiousness,
grief, hyperactivity, loss of sleep, tension and feelings of stress. You can add 2-3
drops to your diffuser, or add 8-10 drops in your bath water just before bedtime.
2. It can soothe muscular aches and stiffness, sore joints, sprains and other
musculoskeletal discomforts. Try adding 2-3 drops to 1 ounce of fractionated
coconut oil and massage into affected areas. It can also be used in a hot or cold
compress as needed.
3. It provides relief from occasional constipation, indigestion, and flatulence. Use 2-
3 drops in a carrier oil and massage on affected areas or the back.
4. It has proven to be able to alleviate menstrual discomfort around that time of the
month. Add 2-3 drops to a carrier oil and massage on lower abdomen and lower
back. You could also use it in a hot compress or add 8-10 drops to your bath
water for a refreshing bath.
5. Marjoram oil is excellent for relieving discomfort from occasional skin irritations.
You can add a drop to a dampened cotton ball and dab it on gently to the
6. It can be effective when used to support clear breathing. Try adding several
drops to a steam tent and inhale the evaporation, or use it in your diffuser.
7. Marjoram essential oil can help to alleviate occasional discomfort. You can use it
topically by adding 1-2 drops to a carrier oil and massaging over the area of
concern. You can also add a few drops to your diffuser or take 2 drops internally
in a veggie capsule One recipe in particular calls for 1 drop each of
Frankincense and marjoram essential oil in an empty veggie capsule to take 2-3
times a day to help with discomfort.
8. Marjoram essential oil promotes perspiration and keeps you healthy by aiding in
the removal of toxins, sodium salts and excess water from the body. It helps to
increase the frequency of urination. This also brings down elevated body
temperatures and may help you lose weight since urine is composed of
approximately 4% fat.
9. Marjoram is a great oil for soothing the discomforts of contractions. You can
dilute it and apply to your lower abdomen. It’s also great for after birth for the
cramps that come while nursing.
Do you have questions or comments about this blog? Would you like to find out more about purchasing essential oils for yourself? Visit my doTERRA page or complete the form on the right side of this page and I’d be happy to help you! You can also subscribe to our blog on the right side of the page.
*These claims have not be evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you have serious health concerns, consult a doctor- and bring your oils with you! You never know which doctors will be willing to help you take a more natural approach to health care!