Extracted from the fragrant leaves of the oregano plant, Oregano essential oil has made its way into cookbooks, cleaning cabinets, and supplements. Oregano oil is one of the most versatile and powerful essential oils. Because of Oregano oil’s high phenol content, caution should be taken when diffusing or inhaling—only one to two drops are needed. When applied topically, Oregano oil should always be diluted with Fractionated Coconut Oil or another carrier oil.
Oregano Oil Uses and Benefits
- Oregano oil benefits many homemade cleaners in a big way. For a quick and easy all-purpose cleaner, put 10 drops of Oregano essential oil into a 16-ounce spray bottle with water. Due to Oregano’s chemical makeup, it is a powerful cleansing and purifying agent. This simple spray is great for surfaces and counter tops, even natural stone.
- Support your body in the way it needs, when it needs it. One of the many Oregano oil benefits supporting a healthy immune system.* One drop taken daily can help maintain healthy immune function.* Oregano can be taken more frequently when seasonal threats are high or as needed to further boost immunity.* You can put two drops of Oregano essential oil in a veggie capsule to help support immune function.*
- Add a little flavor to your favorite Italian cuisine with some Oregano essential oil. Oregano oil is spicy and herbaceous and will add the perfect hint of flavor to spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce, roasts, and much more. When your Italian recipes call for ground oregano, simply replace it with one drop of Oregano essential oil for a delicious seasoning. One drop of Oregano essential oil can replace one tablespoon of ground oregano.
- Take advantage of some more powerful Oregano oil benefits by adding one to two drops to a veggie capsule. Why? Oregano essential oil benefits overall health and can help support healthy respiratory function.*
- Not only does Oregano oil promote healthy immune and respiratory function, it also supports healthy digestion.* Oregano oil supports healthy digestion by promoting the secretion of digestive juices.* When experiencing occasional digestive issues, take Oregano oil internally by diluting a drop in water and digesting or by putting two drops into a veggie capsule and ingesting.*
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.