Patchouli Oil Product Description
For a powerful skin, aroma, and mood makeover, Patchouli oil proves an ideal essential oil. Extracted from the leaves of the Patchouli plant, Patchouli oil has many uses and benefits for both the mind and body. Patchouli essential oil contains a variety of skin benefits and can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, blemishes, and skin imperfections. Patchouli oil can also promote a smooth and glowing complexion. The sweet and musky scent of Patchouli oil is often used in perfumes and colognes and can emit a natural musk when applied to the skin. The sweet and herbaceous aroma of Patchouli oil is great for diffusing, and its rich chemical properties can have a grounding and balancing effect on emotions when used aromatically or topically. Buying Patchouli Oil
When purchasing essential oils, it is important to find oils that are pure. The purity of an essential oil determines how effective an essential oil can be. The less pure an essential oil is, the less effective it will be. Too often, essential oils that are on the market are not pure and contain contaminants and filler substances. Products such as these limit an essential oil’s uses and benefits and reduce its power in fulfilling individual and family needs.
- Patchouli oil is rich with Patchoulol, a highly grounding chemical component. Because of this constituent, and others like it, Patchouli essential oil has a grounding and balancing effect on emotions. To obtain the mood-harmonizing properties of Patchouli, apply one to two drops of Patchouli to your neck or temples or place three to four drops of Patchouli oil in the diffuser of your choice.
- Don’t miss out on Patchouli oil’s incredible skin care benefits—make it part of your daily facial routine. For a smooth and glowing complexion, apply one to two drops of Patchouli essential oil to your face. You will love the results!
- For a simple and effective oral cleanse, try this DIY Patchouli and Peppermint mouth rinse. Combining two powerful oils from the mint family, this rinse will give your mouth a rejuvenating cleanse that will leave your breath with a fresh, clean feeling. Peppermint oil is commonly used for its abilities to freshen breath and will also give your mouth a minty taste. The Patchouli essential oil works hand-in-hand with the minty flavor of the Peppermint oil and will aid in deodorizing and freshening the mouth.
- Long hair definitely has its perks, but tangles are not one of them. Often, detangling wet hair can be time consuming and can even get a little painful. Make that tangled mess of hair a thing of the past with this DIY Natural Hair Detangler. Using a dynamic combination of essential oils, this hair detangler will cut down on the time spent with tangles and will decrease unnecessary stress on the scalp.
- Leave the stress of the day behind you by enjoying the grounding and energizing properties of Patchouli and Peppermint essential oils. After a long day of work, combine Patchouli oil with Peppermint oil and apply this blend to your forehead, temples, or to the back of the neck. Patchouli oil will help provide a grounding and stabilizing effect on emotions while the Peppermint will work to relieve feelings of tension.
- Patchouli oil is great for skincare and can be used frequently to enhance the appearance of skin. To best receive the skin benefits of Patchouli essential oil, add a few drops of Patchouli oil to your daily moisturizer or apply one to two drops of Patchouli oil directly to your skin. Using Patchouli oil will help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, blemishes, or problem skin areas.
- Feeling a little frazzled? When your emotions start to overwhelm you, combine Patchouli essential oil with Vetiver essential oiland apply the oil blend to the bottoms of your feet. The emotionally grounding and balancing properties of Patchouli and Vetiver essential oils will help calm emotions.
- Patchouli oil has frequently been used in the perfume and cologne industries for its musky aroma. Create your own natural scent with this DIY Essential Cologne. For a sweet musk cologne, combine Patchouli oil (16 drops), Lime oil (32 drops), Fennel oil (24 drops), and doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil (280 drops). Patchouli essential oil can also be used to create a musky perfume and is easily transformed into a sweet-smelling aroma when combined with floral essential oils.
The patchouli plant, Pogostemon cablin, is a bushy herb that is part of the mint family. The stems of the plant can reach two to three feet in height and bear tiny flowers that are pink and white in color. The patchouli plant also produces green leaves that are jagged along their edges. doTERRA Patchouli essential oil is extracted from the leaves of the patchouli plant.
Oils that Blend Well with Patchouli oil
Do you have questions or comments about this blog? Would you like to find out more
about purchasing essential oils for yourself? Visit my doTERRA page or complete the
form on the right side of this page and I’d be happy to help you! You can also subscribe
to our blog on the right side of the page.
*These claims have not be evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to
diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you have serious health concerns, consult
a doctor- and bring your oils with you! You never know which doctors will be willing to
help you take a more natural approach to health care!