We absolutely LOVE this oil! It’s a staple in our hosuehold. An exceptional addition to the resinous oils doTERRA offers, Copaiba is extracted from copaiba trees in the Amazon rainforest. The essential oil is steam distilled from the copaiba oleoresin, a substance made up of resin and essential oils. The collection process of the oleoresin is unique among essential oils—it is tapped from the tree in a similar way to how maple trees are for their syrup. The oleoresin is then steam distilled to produce the essential oil.
Copaiba’s main chemical component is beta-caryophyllene, a chemical similar to cannabinoids found in cannabis that may protect nerve cells and have benefits for the cardiovascular and immune systems.Our Favorite Uses
1. Keep your skin clear and clean while reducing the appearance of blemishes by adding Copaiba to your toner or by applying it directly to skin before applying moisturizer.
2. Copaiba blends well with Roman Chamomile, Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Frankincense, or Ylang Ylang. Using any of these oils that appeal to you, create your own personal fragrance in a roller bottle, and then fill the rest of the bottle with Fractionated Coconut Oil.
3. Most of the body can benefit from Copaiba—it supports the cardiovascular, immune, digestive, nervous, and immune system. To take advantage of these benefits for any of these systems, add one to two drops to water, juice, or make your own tea using warm water and honey.
4. When you’re facing a stressful day ahead or feeling worried, diffusing Copaiba’s woody scent can help calm any anxious feelings you may be experiencing.
5. Take one to two drops in a veggie capsule to take advantage of the antioxidants—the substance that stops potential damage to your cells from oxidation.
6.Use in a calming bath by adding two to three drops to body wash before mixing it in the water.
Did you know?
- The Amazon rainforest represents over half of the planet’s remaining rainforests. doTERRA partners with a large network of copaiba harvesters that sustainably collect their oleoresin and ensure that the trees will be around for years to come.
- Copaiba trees can grow to more than 100 feet tall.
Do you have questions or comments about this blog? Would you like to find out more
about purchasing essential oils for yourself? Visit my doTERRA page or complete the
form on the right side of this page and I’d be happy to help you! You can also subscribe
to our blog on the right side of the page.
*These claims have not be evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to
diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you have serious health concerns, consult
a doctor- and bring your oils with you! You never know which doctors will be willing to
help you take a more natural approach to health care!