Let’s get started with some awesome CLEANING recipes for around your home.
If you’re new to Essential Oils, you likely won’t be able to switch over to an all-oil cleaning arrangement right away, so remember the importance of small steps. Try one recipe at a time.
We are going to talk about some general CLEANING recipes first. Then we will move on to specific areas in our homes.
1/4 cup baking soda
5-6 drops ESSENTIAL OIL (e.g., Lavender, Lemon, Cassia)
- Add to a mason jar.
• Cover with cheesecloth or canning lid with holes.
• Place the jar around your home.
• You can use the same recipe as a carpet freshener. Vacuum after 10 minutes.
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
10 drops ESSENTIAL OIL (e.g., Arborvitae, Lemon, Orange)
- Add ingredients to an 8oz glass spray bottle.
• Spray to protect wood furniture and wood floors.
• Arborvitae is great for preserving wood.
1/4 cup filtered water
1/4 cup hydrogen peroxide (3% solution)
1/2 TBS lemon juice
3 drops Lemon ESSENTIAL OIL
- Add Lemon ESSENTIAL OIL to a 4oz colored glass bottle.
• Add peroxide and lemon juice.
• Add water. Shake well.
• Lasts 2-3 months if stored out of sunlight.
1/2 cups white vinegar
1/2 cup filtered water
8 drops citrus ESSENTIAL OIL (e.g., Lemon, Grapefruit)
2 tsp Corn Starch
2 Tbls Rubbing Alcohol
- Add ingredients to a 16oz dark colored, glass spray bottle.
QUESTION – WHAT PRODUCT IN YOUR HOME CAN YOU SWAP OUT FOR ONE OF THESE ESSENTIAL OIL CLEANING RECIPES?
Do you have questions or comments about this blog? Would you like to find out more about purchasing essential oils for yourself? Visit my doTERRA page or complete the form on the right side of this page and I’d be happy to help you! You can also subscribe to our blog on the right side of the page.
*These claims have not be evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you have serious health concerns, consult a doctor- and bring your oils with you! You never know which doctors will be willing to help you take a more natural approach to health care!