I love using Essential Oils for healthier, green cleaning. 100,000 children are injured annually by cleaning products. I have always kept my cleansers out of the reach of the children. I am moving my sprays under the sink. Now that I no longer use those toxic cleansers, I can hand the 5 year old grandchild the spray bottle and say, “Go clean up that mess you made.” She is delighted to be spraying up a storm. I am happy that she is learning to clean up after herself and confident that she is not being exposed to toxins.
Citrus Oils are known to lift your mood. Now you can clean and be happy at the same time. “Whistle While You Work” comes to mind. Snow White must have been using Lemon Oil in her cleansers.
Here are some basic ingredients you probably already have at your house that can be used a natural alternatives to cleaning products:
- baking soda
- borax (available in any laundry aisle)
- castile soap
- white vinegar
- olive oil
- cream of tartar (available in the spice aisle)
- Essential Oils
Add a few drops of lemon oil to a spray bottle of water to clean tables, countertops and other surfaces.
Olive oil in a spray bottle with Lemon Oil will clean, protect, and shine wood finishes.
Lemon Oil is great for cleaning leather. It rescued an expensive motorcycle jacket from mildew after a soggy 3 day ride.
Lemon removes that sticky residue when you want to remove a label or price tag. (Like when you want to repurpose your empty doTERRA bottles.)
Lemon Oil and baking soda make a great paste for cleaning your tile grout or for cleaning your tub or toilet. Put 1 cup of baking soda and 20 drops of lemon in a mason jar. Poke some holes in the lid and you are ready to shake. It replaces that cylinder of Comet.
Deodorize your carpet with that same baking soda and lemon oil recipe. Sprinkle it on your carpet. Let it sit a few minutes, then vaccum.
Dry Erase boards can be hard to really clean. Lemon Oil will remove that haze of color that is hard to get rid of. “White boards” should be WHITE.
Lemon Oil will remove furniture stain from your hands. Surprising!!! When I took off the gloves a little too soon while staining, Lemon Oil took the BLACK stain right off.
Here are some GREAT recipes for cleaning with essential oils.
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 5-6 drops ESSENTIAL OIL (e.g., Lavender, Lemon, Cassia)
- Add to a mason jar.
- Cover with cheesecloth or canning lid with holes.
- Place the jar around your home.
- You can use the same recipe as a carpet freshener. Vacuum after 10 minutes.
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 10 drops ESSENTIAL OIL (e.g., Arborvitae, Lemon, Orange)
- Add ingredients to an 8oz glass spray bottle.
- Spray to protect wood furniture and wood floors.
- Arborvitae is great for preserving wood.
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1/4 cup hydrogen peroxide (3% solution)
- 1/2 TBS lemon juice
- 3 drops Lemon ESSENTIAL OIL
- Add Lemon ESSENTIAL OIL to a 4oz colored glass bottle.
- Add peroxide and lemon juice.
- Add water. Shake well.
- Lasts 2-3 months if stored out of sunlight.
- 1 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 8 drops citrus ESSENTIAL OIL (e.g., Lemon, Grapefruit)
- ¼ tsp Crème of Tartar
- Add ingredients to a 16oz dark colored, spray bottle.
Remember a bottle of Lemon is $10 if you are a doTERRA wholesale customer. There are 240 drops in that $10 bottle of oil. It has a wealth of cleaning uses for about 4 cents per drop. Clean healthier!!!
Please email me to find out how to buy lemon at the wholesale price of only $10 per bottle. We would love to have you on our doTERRA team. In fact… If you are not a doTERRA Welllness Advocte yet, contact me to help you set up your wholesale account. You must be over 18 to join our team.
*These claims have not be evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you have serious health concerns, consult a doctor- and bring your oils with you! You never know which doctors will be willing to help you take a more natural approach to health care!